My training and experience as a Registered Psychologist will hopefully be a good fit for you
- Registered Psychologist with College of Alberta Psychologists
- Registered Nurse with College of Alberta Registered Nurses
- Masters in Counselling (Counselling Psychology)
- Other Degrees: Ph.D. (Interdisciplinary); M.Sc. (Nursing); B.Sc. (Psychology)
- Fully Certified Gottman Couples Therapist (through the Gottman Institute)
- Over 25 years of experience in the mental health field
- Registered Psychologist since 2009
- Private Practice as a Registered Psychologist / Counsellor since 2007
- A fully certified Gottman Couples Therapist since 2015
- Registered Nurse since 1991; approximately 3 years of direct mental health / psychiatric nursing experience.
- Over 25 years of teaching and conducting research at Universities in Western Canada, in the areas of mental health, nursing, addictions, and psychology. Currently a Professor Emeritus at the University of Lethbridge
Self care and how I keep myself healthy
- Happily married since 1997
- Animal lover (2 orange cats)
- Have played and performed classical guitar since 1972.
- Considerable time in nature: Hiking, skiing and mountaineering.
How we’ll work together
- I’ll work collaboratively with you, using your ideas about change and/or healing, rather than me imposing some other idea or theory on you.
- I’ll work hard to make sure you feel safe, heard, understand and respected.
- Rather than focusing on what’s ‘wrong’ with you, I’ll help you to heal from difficulties, losses and/or traumas you may have experienced.
- I’ll help you to focus on the here and now, rather than having anxiety about the future or sadness/guilt about the past.
- Where possible, we can work to find meaning in things that have happened to you, and to explore a greater purpose for your life.
- Rather than focusing on labels or diagnoses, we will try to focus on your strengths, capabilities, resources, natural problem solving ability.